BROILED TUNA STEAKS
- 2-4 tuna steaks, about 1 inch thick
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, chopped or 1 tsp. dried
- 1 tsp. fresh grated or dried powdered ginger
- 1 sliced clove garlic or minced
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
In a mixing bowl blend the salt, pepper, ginger, garlic, thyme, soy sauce, lemon juice and olive oil. Brush the mixture all over the tuna steaks. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand 1/2 to 1 hour until ready to broil.
Broil on rack under broiler about 4 inches from heat source, about 3 minutes per side, or grill on high (cover closed) 3 minutes per side. Leftover marinade can be heated and served over steaks.